Today I did something I have been dreading for quite some time now....I gave "notice" at my job. I did it first thing in the morning, just came out and said it. Quick like a
band aid. I thought it would be easier on me that way. I am torn though, all for selfish reasons, however. I know deep down it will be better for us all that I do not work, but it is still hard. I just feel like a part of my identity is somehow gone. Now when someone asks me what I do, I will respond with
SAHM instead of what I have said for 8 years, dental hygienist. This is all very
weird to me. I have worked at this office longer than I have been married, longer than I have been a mother, longer than I have been a home owner, and...well you get the idea.... It is a constant that will no longer be, after the first week of Aug. that is. I will now take on my full-time job title with pride and enjoy the precious time I have left before school starts. I DO feel grateful that we are blessed enough to be able to have me stay home because I know there are others not so fortunate. I guess there are things about the dental office I will not miss.....for instance the "
loogie lady."
Ahh memories.
3 comments:
Wow! What a huge decision, one that I'm sure was made after much heartache and prayer. I still consider myself a "teacher" even though I'm not working in that profession...so I understand what you are saying. Ultimately, I can always go back if I need to but my babies are only babies once!
Congratulations Melanie! I know it was probably difficult after doing that for so long, but I don't think you will ever regret it!
That is a big decision. I will pray that all the transistions go smoothly and will be easy on you.
Post a Comment