Monday, January 29, 2007

So Gross

Ok so there is one thing that grosses me out more than anything in this world, even more than anything that my kids could possibly do. I am writing about this only because I need to vent on this subject. It happend to me at work last Thurs. and unfortunetly more often than I would like. So here it goes...(get barf bags ready)...I HATE it when I have a patient in my chair who will clear their throat, hack up a loogie, then proceed to ask me to suck it up with my dental suction. I cringe even writing about this. I mean the the nasty sound it makes going through the suction is so disgusting! What kind of people do this kind of thing? I mean would they want to suction my loogie? Do they not apply of the golden rule in this case? Please people, give your dental hygienist a break and dispose of these types of things properly. Thank you for your time.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That is beyond disgusting! I don't even know how to cough up a loogie, and I can't imagine asking someone to suck it up for me.

You're in a brave profession...I can't imagine the kinds of things you see.

Anonymous said...

As a fellow healthcare worker, I can sympathize, it is always shocking what people ask of us. On another note, I lied last time when I typed my blog page, it is http://mikesandrab.blogspot.com
Maybe now you can catch up with me.

Anonymous said...

I didn't think there was anything as gross as the things that happen during pregnancy and children....but you seemed to find one! Gross! I'll mark your profession of my list of options!