So Little Dudes and Divas had a HUGE sale Tues. night. It was their Midnight Madness sale. I received a flyer in the mail and saw that everything in the store was going to be 50-75% off. What a fabulous deal, right? I met my sister there around 7, both of us ready to do some shopping (like our kids are needing clothes, but I couldn't pass up a sale). I invisioned us gradually going from rack to rack, casually brousing through their selections, carefully deciding what I couldn't live without. When we got there, we quickly realized we were completely wrong. To give you a visual, for all of you "Friends" fans out there, it was like that episode when Monica is trying to get her wedding dress at that sale...minus the whistles. However if I ever go to this sale again, I will bring whistles for Val and I. Masses of people were lined up waiting for the doors to open, then a mad rush began when they did. I mean there was pushing, shoving, people being rude, all for kids clothes. We tried to race through the store, racing to get to all the cute clothes before the next crazy mom. I was laughing because I had never seen such a sight. People were ripping clothes off the rack and shoes from shelves as fast as they could. Val and I finally got in line to pay with what we had managed to grab and the madness continued. People began cutting in line. Between the two of us we managed to keep anyone from getting ahead of us..courage in numbers. In all, Val and I left with great deals on what we did purchace. I left with a mass bag of bows. I think it will be a fun memory to bring up later and laugh at the visual left in my head.
2 comments:
My mom and I got there about 8 and it was insane. At one point I said, excuse me to get around a lady and she told me she couldn't move and I would have to find another way around. WHAT? Rude Snotty Mom! However, I did get some super cute outfits, a chenille loveseat, and a super cute toy chest. I can't pass up a bargain. I'll blog about it later if I get a chance.
I so should have gone. I can't ever pass up an opportunity to fight with total strangers in an attempt to get a bargain. That's why I INSIST on going to Affair of the Heart every time.
Post a Comment