Monday, February 09, 2009

Make that order with the plastic on the side, please.

I had quite the scare a couple days ago and felt the need to share this with all of you. I was eating dinner with the fam at a local restaurant. (This restaurant will remain anonymous b/c I do not want to hurt business. It is a good place and I still plan on eating here.) Anyhoo, we were all stuffing our faces as usual when Ethan took a bite and had a concerned look on his face. He just kinda sat there with his mouth partially open and made a few odd mumble sounds. I immediately thought his food must be too spicy( a common theme). This boy can not even handle the littlest of spices. I told him to go ahead and just spit it out onto his plate and chug the lemonade. To my complete shock when he spit out his bite, a piece of clear plastic the size of a penny came out too. I was so thankful he didn't try to swallow this thing or cut his mouth up. This chunk was huge and had sharp edges! I feel so lucky! For all of you wondering, we did not get free meals for life. I hate confrontation as it is, but obviously I HAD to bring this to their attention. I did so without trying to make too big of a scene. They offered to make Ethan a new item and compensate us. We did not have them make his anymore food but they did take care of us. I guess it could have been worse. Chew slowly!

No comments: